Health & Safety
Health and Safety
UDL recognizes and accepts its responsibilities to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and healthy working conditions for its employees and others. In addition to compliance with statuary requirements, we will seek proactively to prevent injury, damage, ill health and loss arising from our operations and activities. Our recognition and acceptance of these responsibilities will be demonstrated by our commitment to:
- Provide and maintain all equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Undertake risk assessments of all appropriate activities and to specify and implement resultant control measures in order to eliminate or control risk.
- Take all reasonably practicable steps to avoid injury or damage to property which might occur as a result of our operations and activities.
- Provide sufficient supervision, information, instruction and training to ensure the health and safety of employees and others who may be affected by our operations and activities.
- Clearly assign responsibility to appropriate personal to monitor compliance to this policy and associated procedures and take action in default of such compliance.
- Regularly review and report on our health and safety performance, implementing any correction action in respect of underperformance promptly.
- Ensure suitable arrangements for the handling, storage and transportation of all goods safely are present and implemented.
- Display this policy statement at each company facility, ensuring that its content is brought to the attention of and is fully understood by all.
- Provide necessary and adequate resources, both financial and human, to ensure the full implementation of this policy.
- Review and revise our company at regular intervals.
We encourage all our employees to co-operate in its health and safety aims and seeks to promote and partnership so that the aim of our policy will be met.
UDL is committed to the improvement of its management and operation, providing a quality service and minimizing any adverse effects on the environment and public health. We recognize the contribution we make to sustainable management and will incorporate sustainable development thinking into all our activities.
Our recognition and acceptance of these responsibilities will be demonstrated by our commitments to:
- Protecting surrounding environment and preserving natural resources.
- Reducing environmental nuisance and preventing pollution risk related to our activities.
- Complying with our regulatory, legislative, contractual or other obligations, and anticipating them whenever possible.
- Development integrated management systems at our sites that will provide for setting and reviewing objectives with the aim of improving our service controlling and reducing the impact of our activities.
- Seeking to satisfy our customers fully by constantly adapting our services to their current and future requirements.
- Continuing to be at the leading edge of innovation in order to improve the performance of our processes and minimize their impact on the environment with the contribution.
- Guaranteeing that all employees are trained in accordance with their roles and work they undertake.
- Ensuring the safety of our employees, our subcontractors and our installations, by systematically identifying potential risks and applying the appropriate prevention measures.
- Reinforcing consultation with our customers – to create a common goal of progress.